Monday, January 02, 2006

Curly Whirly Timba


Here is Timba, my Wolfdog, sporting my latest Curly Whirly, crocheted from his fluff.

Ever since I he was a puppy I have saved his fluff thinking 'one day I'll spin that', well I finally bought a spinning wheel, joined my local Spinners Guild and have been spinning his fluff ever since.

This scarf was made from two grooms of his summer fur, which resulted in a pile almost that same size as Timba himself. As the fluff is so soft and free from tangles, I spun it straight away with no need for carding. I plyed 2 strands together and the colours were amazing as he varies from pure white to vivid ginger and dark specs.

Once crocheted I washed the scarf to eliminate any lingering doggy smell and contrary to my initial thoughts, it does not shed - pity Timba doesn't as its a full time job hoovering up after him.

For more Curly Whirly scarf ideas see Curly Whirlies

1 comment:

ra said...

That's amazing. I'm well impressed.