Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quilted table mats

Now that I gave had a few quilting lessons I thought it was time to practice my skills. I started 2 tablemats for my mum. She likes cream and green. The wadding is a special heat resistant type so that hot dishes can be put down onto it without damaging the table underneath.



I finished one completely - 4 log cabin blocks. I added side panels to get the right size. Machine quilted with circles to complement the angular lines of the log cabin blocks.



Close-up on the backing fabric. This will be the fabric for the other placemats that I intend to make to eventually make a set.



I got the panel finished for this one, but ran out of time so will quilt and bond it later. Again I will quilt circles

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: