Monday, January 02, 2006

Bag of control (Results of 1st Procion Dye session)



My own invention – the Bag of Control – A purpose crocheted bag that comfortably fits all the controls for the TV, DVD and Video. Now instead of loosing them under the sofa or being stolen by Lily they can all live together.

This is the project that I made from the fleece that I dyed with the Procion dyes. Now that it is made I have realised that although I like the colours they are not quite what I need to make my Broad Weavers bag – they should be darker and have green in there too. Anyway this was my first experiment into dying with these dyes, so I’ll just have to try again.

3 comments:

Woolly Wormhead said...

Which procion dyes are you using? These dyes are meant for the plant fibres, although will work a little on wool with paler results. If you can get acid dyes, do, although the easy acid dyes aren't too strong in colour either!

Kellie Sweeney said...

I'm using Procion MX from http://www.dtcrafts.co.uk/dyesFixers/index.html - I was assured that these would work with wool, but they did come out paler that I expected - have you used these?

annarella said...

I love your idea of a Bag of control, and the colours came out so happy & sunny! :)