Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

  1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or naturalfibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

    I love all sorts of yarn & the yarn has to suit the project. I knit lots for my two children, so bright colours and softness is important. However I also do freeform knitting/crochet, so there I need interesting textures & colours
  2. Do you spin? Crochet?

    Double wammy – I spin and crochet. I learnt to crochet first, when I was about 5 years old. Spinning however has been a recently aquired skill, using drop spindle and a spinning wheel and now absolutely hooked!
  3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

    Hmmm, not much really – I have not found/made a holder yet!
  4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

    I learnt to knit as a child, but did not really knit garments until I was expecting my first child. Since then however I have always had a project or 2, or 3 or many, on the go. I have done cable, and recently socks, but yet to do any fair Isle, so probably intermediate really, with more skills to perfect.
  5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

    No, but like the idea of one
  6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

    Lavender
  7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

    Chocolate!!!!
  8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

    Dying and felting – both wet & needle felting
  9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

    Very varied from Classical to punk & rock, stay away from rap, R&B, dance etc
  10. What's your favorite colour? Or--do you have a colour family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

    All of them, but if I had to choose a single colour it would be purple. My favourite season is autumn, so warm earth colours are good too.
  11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

    I have 2 children, Oliver 5 and Lily 19 month. Also 2 dogs, Timba, a coliie cross & Pebbles a Jack Russell who thinks that he is a cat! Ooh and a husband
  12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

    All of the above
  13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

    So amy to choose from I love them all
  14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

    Sidar snowflake
  15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

    Curly Whirly scarves
    Baby booties
    Socks
    boas
    gnomes
  16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

    Anything for the children
  17. What are you knitting right now?

    Coat for myself
    Socks for my husband
    Blanket for my uncle
    And probably others
  18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

    Absolutely!
  19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

    Both, but I only have 1 set of circular (4mm)
  20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

    Any, but have more aluminum than any other
  21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

    No
  22. How did you learn to knit?

    Grandma showed me when I was small, self taught from books to work out patterns & update my skills
  23. How old is your oldest UFO?

    3 years
  24. What is your favourite animated character or a favourite animal/bird?

    Love ‘Hello Kitty’
  25. What is your favourite holiday?

    Camping with the children
  26. Is there anything that you collect?

    Aprt from knitting stuff? – stitch markers
  27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

    Simply Knitting (UK)
  28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

    Anything unusual, especially for the children
  29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

    Perfect knitting in the round using double pointed needles
  30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

    Yes – but I’d rather knit my own
  31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

    December 26th – just missed it!!

No comments: