Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I really must blog more often

I always seem to leave blogging for a while and then have a blitz to catch up. Time, where does it go. What with a job, two childre, two dogs, a husband (who does shifts), a Knitting club to run each week, an online Medieval Spinners guild to run, Re-enactment, Spinners Guild (only once per month) and the odd Role-playing event it no wonder I can't make it to the keyboard very often..oh nearly forgot the Lutsk Oprhanage appeal.

So what have I been up to on the knitting & crochet front? - photos very soon

  • I have completed a beautiful jumper for a baby boy - for a friend who is extecting in the next couple of weeks - it is a boy (wellI hope it is?)
  • Started and finished (in one night I might add) a little crocheted drawstring bag out of white cotton for a First Holy Communion present. I'm not sure if I will need to line it - I do rather like it as it is
  • DISHCLOTH!! Dishcloth mania - Rachel its your fault! My SP from last time (the one I was spoiling) sent me some Lily cotton for dishcloths - I am so addicted - you even got the colour right for my kitchen! Several people thought I was made, cos you only knitted dishcloths when you could not afford to buy them. Not any more now the cotton comes in many funky new colour schemes at you can have trend dishcloths - the idea is catching on and they will all be at it soon.
  • started a cardy for Lily (finally - I kept using hte wool for other projects like cirly whirly scarves) I have chosen purple 4 ply and a great pattern with a lacy border - piccies to come.

On the Spinning front I have spun lots of my Jacobs fleece with the aim to make my Dad a new bobble hat ready for the winter (well thats if we have any summer, cos the weather is terrible atm). I have spun palin white, brown and bits of each to make it fun.

Claire from Knit-Wits and the Spinners Guild brought in some beautiful Alpaca. The other members have spun quite a lot of Alpaca, but so far it has passed be by as I have been focusing on the old English Wool breeds as part of my research for the Medieval Spinners Guild. However I could be convinced, it is sooo soft and beautiful to spin - darn what will I make with it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry about the discloths you busy bee! LOL

Here is another idea that I stole from a fellow blogger.

**Knitting tea towels**

That alone could get me in more trouble.

Must.finish.shrug.

Kellie Sweeney said...

You evil woman! - I love the Lily cotton, but can't find it in the UK