Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Quilting

I've taken the quilting further and very pleased with the results
This is the quilt I made for my nephew Archie

I used YouTube clips to get the inspiration and polyester wadding, then 'stitch-in-the-ditch' techniques of sowing over the joins between the pieces. I was pleased with the results, but have learnt since then
This is the next quilt for my friend's new baby. This time I went to a proper Quilting shop for advice - Quilter's Den in Warwick. I learnt that polyester wadding is quite bulky and the Cotton type gives a finer finish. I quilted in lines across the whole quilt with variegated thread and was very impressed with the results. This quilt took a day to complete - a very intense and enjoyable day - well and truly got the bug now!!
So in my pursuit to hone my skills I have signed up for a quilting class 'Block of the Month' at the Quilter's Den - the idea is that I make a quilt inspired by this.....

Block one

I love it!

No comments: