Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Update blog

So, where am I on my projects....thats a very good question, so here are the pictures

Bags are the new scarves for this season... so I've heard anyway, so bags it is as they are quick to do and I get the instant hit of starting and finishing


Bag 1 - Purple Mix, inspired by Emma King's new book - Fun & Funky Knitting - I went to her workshop @ Ottakar's in Coventry a couple of weeks ago. She makes bags and accessories. So this bag is two strands of different purple 4plys, knitted on 5.5mm needles, to her pattern. I particularly like the top edge, which is made by kintting what would normally be a purl row of stocking stitch then resuming the stocking stitch. This creates a need top edge. This bag needs finishing with a lining and contasting flowers/rossettes and handles, so still a little way to go. It should be good for a 'quick trip' to hold a purse, phone and ony other small necessaries (3 times to upload photos and counting.....)


Bag 2 - Fluffy Autumn Heaven - thanks to my new Secret Pal for this fuffy Red Heart Symphony, which has just been begging to become a bag. This one is a Kellie creation, so very much a make it up as I go along and will hopefully have the circular handles I got a couple of weeks ago. Its 52 stitches wide and a boarder of 8 stitches either side in garter stitich and stocking stitch between. It may gain a gusset round the edge to give it width, but not sure til we get there. (photos still loading, fingers crossed & I'll keep typing or I'll start biting my nails)

Glove(s) - Purple wonder - using the Lorna's Laces from my last Secret Pal stash - its a lone glove so far with all the ugly hanging threads, but it will be joined by a friend and I will write the pattern down as I crochet this time! (Still waiting on picures......may have to post without them and add them later - anyone else have this problem with blogger?????)




Finally the pictures made it!!! In the end I had to put them up one at a time

No comments: