Monday, October 16, 2006

My coat - nearly there

I started a coat for myself last Christmas - a project to keep me busy over the festive period and one that would grow quick and I could eventually wear. Well as its a garment for me, many other projects have come and gone over the past few months which has meant that it has been side-lined for a while. Pity really as it only needed sewing up and the collar finishing.

Only sewing - I've been sewing it up all night! So far the sleeves are in, one side is done and the collar is finished, well I'm about 95% of the way there now. All that is left is sewing one side, neatening the collar where it meets the button band, tidying the loose ends and buttons....

This has all go me thinking. In all the years that I have been knitting & crocheting this is the first garment that I have knitted/crocheted myself that has not been a costume. Normally I make things for other people, so this has made me all the more determined to finish this project and take great delight in wearing it all this winter.

Don't worry pitcures will follow and I will plan another one.... its about time I thought about myself for a change, well after Lily's bolero, Oliver's jumper, Aaron's jumper, several baby booties as there are more babies on the way (not mine though) and some Christmas gnomes... are well I can but dream.... actually I do have some rather nice sock yarn in purples that might start me off, but I'll probably save it for this Christmas.

No comments: