Monday, October 09, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

Wow, its come round quick. I had to look back to what I had written last time. some of the answers still stand, but it was good to know that I have 'grown' in my knitting since the last SP, so here we are:-

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibres do you absolutely *not* like?
I love all sorts of yarn & the yarn has to suit the project. I knit lots for my two children, so bright colours and softness is important. However I also do freeform knitting/crochet, so there I need interesting textures & colours

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I now have two beautiful rolls for my knitting needles and crochet hooks courtesy of my SP7 pal

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learnt to knit as a child, but did not really knit garments until I was expecting my first child. Since then however I have always had a project or 2, or 3 or many, on the go. I have done cable, and recently socks, but yet to do any Fair Isle, so probably intermediate really, with more skills to perfect.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but considering one

5. What's your favourite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Lavender and Rose

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate!!!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Yep, I spin using an Ashford Traditional and a drop spindle. I love to spin the old English breeds. Also I have been playing with felting, both the traditional wet felting & needle felting, with two puppets (Alice & Bernard) in construction.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
All sorts really, very varied from Classical to punk & rock, stay away from rap, R&B, dance etc

9. What's your favorite colour(s)? Any colours you just can't stand?
I love colour, espeically purples and the warm autumn colours10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
2 Children (3 if you count the husband), 6 year old Oliver and 2 year old Lily. 2 Dogs, Timba & Pebbles

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yep, all of the above12. What is/are your favourite item/s to knit?
The list is too long. Well I have recently finoished my first pair of socks and a hat for Lily. I like to have sevaral projects, some quick wins, but also big complex ones too.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Just started a bolero for Lily and a mobieus basket

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love them15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
All, but the mobieus has caught my eye, so its circulars atm16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
nope

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Aaron’s jumper which is probably 3 years old now

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Chirstmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Recently stitch markers and drop spindles- oh now I think about it Vintage Children’s knitting patterns

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Denise circular needles as they have so much potential. I also subscribe to Simply Knitting, which should feature Coventry Knit-Wits very soon.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Last time I wrote ‘Perfect knitting in the round using double pointed needles’, but I’ve done that now, so it’s the mobieus baskets & bags

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes – I have finbally finished my first pair, which hubby loves. I'm a regular UK 7

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Devcember 26th – Christmas baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Now I can start shopping!! SP