Monday, November 20, 2006

Needle felt Gnomes

If you have been reading my blog for long, you will have worked out that I like to try out new ideas. One of these is needle felting. Since last Sept @ the Knitting & Stitching Exhibition in Harrogate I have been playing around with Needle felt and here are my latest two creations - Felted gnomes.

I love faeries, goblins & gnomes, so I had a go. They are made in sections then needle felted together. the Beard is fleece naturally that curly that has bee needled into place a tuft at a time to build it up - like Alice's hair.

I am so taken with this new obsession that I'm going to be running Workshops next year for the Spinners Guild & Knit-Wits.

5 comments:

Wye Sue said...

Thanks, I'm going to have to try to make those for my neighbour who is knome mad !
If you are going to Harrogate come and say hello at the Relax & Knit stand, and I might have to come over to the felting workshop ;-)

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

love these:)
amber in scotland

Anonymous said...

Those are very cool! SP

Tandi said...

Those are so cute!

Kerry said...

It's been a couple weeks since you've posted. An update would be nice. :-)