Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Spinning prep

I'm doing a spinning demo for the Rare Breed's Association on Thurs, so I've been madly going round collecting up random skeins and bits that I've knitted/crocheted up. I am so glad that I made the freeform bag for the Spinners competition earlier this year as it does show off lots of different breeds of fleece - a real sampler of my first adventures in spinning. I've also carded some Jacob's to add to the stash that I've been building ready to make Dad a hat - its all blended bits of white & brown/black.

My wheel is out of commission atm.... after a little 'darling' decided that it was not working properly and so stamped on the peddle from the wrong side. The result was a split leather hinge strap. Aaron has fixed that for me and I picked up a mantanence kit from P&M Wools @ the Masham Fair, so I can replace the band and the Scotch tension.....but.... then I realised that it does actually need the wood treating, so its going to need a good rub down and oiling.

I think the drop spindle is looking appealing for the demo, besides it does demonstrate the ancient art.

More news after Thursday on how it went.


ohh - I've sneakily started a new project - a poncho for Lily out of the same colours I made her hat. It crocheted wonderful in 4-ply, so I must write the pattern and do the photos - it just needs tassles...anyhow more soon, I've just re-written the past 2 sentances twice to correct the spelling.. it must be getting late

No comments: