Sunday, January 14, 2007

Knit one felt too













I

This is a fab book that my Aunty Elieen & Uncle Pat bought me for my Birthday
love the shape of this one and the way that the top rolls over.


& here is my version!! It has come out perfectly. The camera had gone walkies so I did not manage a before & after felting, but its the end result that matters and I'm very pleased.

100% wool makes the difference and felted in the washing machine. I have a front loader, so I thought that it would be a problem, but you can actually stop the programme and drain the drum to check the work. This takes time, so I just put it on a 60C wash with some jeans & a towle and hoped for the best. It needed a little reshaping and stuffed a towel inside to keep the shape while it dried.

I have put a small zip with needle felted ball 'charm' to help to open the zip & now its my handbag. I've had lots of comments & work!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The purse looks awesome!!! SP