Sunday, January 14, 2007

What is better than Kids in a sweet shop?



Kids in a fabulous button shop!!

Just before Christmas I took Oliver & Lily to hte RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteers Programme) Knit & Knatter @ the Coventry & Warwickshire BBC Radio Station. This is what I found






Yes - jars and jars of buttons in all hte colours and types you can think








Back when I was a child, my Grandma had a button tin and if you had been really good at the table and eaten all your dinner, she would let you play with it. I had hours of fun sorting them out.

The notice said to take a jar from the shelf that does not have a star, tip the contents into the bowl, stir and sort out the buttons that you like, fill a jar and if you want it kept, then put a star on it.

How cool is that!!

Lily & I spent the best part of an hour playing with the buttons, sorting the, counting them and making shapes. We loved it so much that we have started our own button tim @ home and its her most played with toy at the moment.

1 comment:

Ang said...

wow! that looks like great fun! I used to play with my Gran's buttons too. My kids would just eat them at the moment!