Sunday, December 03, 2006

Seascape Challenge

I have been looking for a new challenge for the Knit-Wits in preparation for next Year's Godiva Festival and other knitting days that we may attend. I kept coming back to the idea of a giant Octopus that children could sit on and play with the tentacles. I had a vision of stripy tentacles being knitted by several people simultaneously and people could sit and knit a few strips so that lots of people contributed.

Then the idea moved onto fish and seahorses, then star fish and fluffy sea anemones. Then I thought, hey how about a seascape scene with lots of sea creatures and seaweed.....etc...etc. It would be so tactile and fab for children to play with. Coventry has just had a new hospital built, so it may be useful for the children's ward. I'll have to give them a ring. So I have set the group the challenge... more news as the plans form

No comments: