Sunday, July 02, 2006

Update on progress


Baby Jumper - photo - the cheveron pattern worked really well and the whole thing only took a few evenings, but it is a small one. Its baby blue btw - photo is not very clear




Lorna's laces from SP7 - Rachel from SP7 sent me two beautiful skeins of Lorna's laces, so I balled on and tried it out - the colours are just amazing. I have not had this much fun in a tension square for ages. However..... I am just not getting this circular knitting lark. I canb cast on. but keep haveing trouble in the first row. After 4 attempts on this one and 3 on Aaron's Autumn socks, I have offically put circular knitting on the back burner.... not turned my back on it completely, just giving it a rest for a while and maybe when I go back to it I will have re-newed enthusiasm.

However the thought occured about lacy gloves for Yolanda, my Gypsy character in Whispered Tales (who sparked this blog in the first place) and came up with this.....











The cuffs do not stretch like rib in knitting, so I put glass bead on to act like buttons. Thedelecate colour changing work great on the lace of the palm. Originally I was not going to do fingers, but it really needed them to 'pull' on the lace to see the effect of fishnet stockings.

Now I just have to do the next one..... I really do suffer from first sock/glove/sleeve syndrone. Once I have proved to myself that I can do it, I want to march on into the next project, but Yolanda will get her matching gloves before the next game.

Lacy pouch - I used to crochet lots of pretty doilies when I was @ Uni - they made excellent presents for mum and did not cost me much in money, just time. Well I found a ball of crochet cotton and came up with this - must get round to putting the pattern down on paper. I find with crochet I can make it up as I go a lot easier than knitting. Very pleased with the results.

No comments: