Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Freeform workshop tonight

Its my first workshop tonight!!

I am running a session on freeform knitting & crochet, a subject I love as I have had great fun with this in the past. You can really let your imagination run wild and try out new techniques. I'll probably start with crochet rounds and domes, then add some knitting, experimenting with different yarns, needles and techniques. Once the group have got the idea they we'll try a round robin where each of us adds to a project.

Can't wait.....here is an example of freeforming and I will explain it all in more detail after the workshop.

This is the bag that I submitted to the Broad Weavers competition run by the Coventry Guild of Spinners Weaver and Dyers. It is entitled Undergrowth and inculdes samples of all the yarns that I have spun since I have started spinning, inculding:- Herdiwck, Jacobs, 2 types of Shetland, Soya bean, tencil, Tuscan Silt, Timba fluff (my doggie), cotton and Alpaca [I think thats them all]

No comments: